Part 2: Reimagined Future Climate Solutions Discovery Workshop
Presentations and Expert Speakers
Online event – October 26, 2021, from 3pm-5:30pm EST
REGISTER TODAY and take action!
Are you ready to take action on Climate Change?
Join our follow-up climate action workshop to learn about future-forward solutions, with Guest Speaker Mark Rabin, Expert Panelists, and the Solution Discovery Team Finalists.
The focus is on scalable solutions to the escalating impacts of climate change on urban high-rise communities in Canada – developed with and by St James Town community members and mentors.
Food, Shelter, Energy, Jobs, Emergency Preparedness and Connectivity.
Topic: Climate Impacts on Energy and Proven solutions for portable, emission free and reliable power when and where you need it.
Mark founded Portable Electric in 2015 to develop and provide portable, industrial renewable power systems for market applications traditionally powered by gas and diesel generators. The company has since has become a global portable mobile power technology innovator, manufacturer and service provider, with its silent and emission-free VOLTstack® power platform. His first venture, prior to PE, was an off-grid power solutions company for the developing world.
He holds a BSc. (Hon) in Earth Sciences from Dalhousie University, MSc. Energy Economics from the University of Dundee/Centre for Petroleum Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) and Institute Français du Pétrole (IFP), and an MBA from the Technion Institute of Technology.
Topic: A global and local perspective on how each person harnesses their unique power to contribute to workforce development in energy and food.
Fiona has worked to advance sustainability goals primarily in the energy sector with experience in Denmark, South Africa and Canada. Most recently, she was the VP of Low Carbon Energy Solutions at Sasol in South Africa leading the areas of renewables, natural gas and business development around green hydrogen. Previously, she led Enbridge Gas’s Energy Efficiency Plan and subsequently the Carbon Strategy and Energy Transition files.
She holds a BA in Organizational Behaviour from Western and an MBA from Schulich School of Business at York University.
- Vivian Patel, JLL Urban Planner – Planning and Development Expert
- Kirk Johnson, CCA-SJT Climate Ambassador Lead – Emergency Preparedness and Energy-Buildings Expert
- Rania Younes, Immigrant Employment Councils of Canada at IEC-BC – Newcomers and Young Professionals Workforce Expert
- Lisa Annabel Ellis, CCA Project Manager – Finance and Risk Management Expert
- Dr. Michael Seaman, Trinity Life/New Common, CAA Project Partner – Community Empowerment Expert
- Opening remarks
- Connecting the dots with Part 1 – Reimagined Future
- Guest speaker: Mark Rabin, Founder & CEO, Portable Electric
- Topic: Climate Impacts on Energy and Proven solutions for portable, emission free and reliable power when and where you need it.
- Solutions Discovery Pitch and Open Dialogue
- Community & Infrastructure Resilience
- Guest Speaker: Fiona Oliver-Glasford, Sasol Inc. VP, Low Carbon Energy Solutions
- Topic: A global and local perspective on how each person harnesses their unique power to contribute to workforce development in energy and food.
- Solutions Discovery Pitches and Open Dialogue
- Workforce Development
- Open Forum
- Awards and Recognition
- Next Steps
To learn more about this opportunity, click HERE
or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.