Role: Community Climate Action Ambassador
Organization: Rethink Sustainability Initiatives
Project: Community Climate Action: St James Town
Location: Toronto, St James Town
Eligibility: 19 years or older
Type: Age-Inclusive, Equity-Seeking Climate Action Training & Skills Development
HONORARIUM: A $300 Honorarium will be paid per person upon completion of the Ambassador Training. A $20 food delivery gift card will also be electronically provided per person for meals at each class (3 Gift Cards x $20)
Friday, June 4th, 2021 – 12:00 PM (Noon)
Successful Applicants will be notified by email before Saturday June 5th, 2021 – 12:00 PM (Noon)
Rethink Sustainability Initiatives’ Community Climate Action Ambassador Program provides residents, and/or those with a commitment to St James Town, the opportunity to grow leadership skills, develop valuable project management skills, learn resident climate/resiliency strategies and actions, review high-rise community and technical innovations, network with peers, meet relevant professionals, and create climate action initiatives in their communities.
In three sessions over five weeks, the Climate Ambassador Training Program will delve into the social, economic, and environment issues facing St James Town that relate to climate. Skills development training in project design/management, sustainable resident strategies, and resiliency best practices, will be provided. Relevant Climate Change solutions and technical innovations for hi-rise communities will be covered. You will be coached on communications and community engagement methods.
As part of a Social Innovation Discovery Team, you will identify priority issues, plan creative approaches to apply your learning and action projects.
After the training program, some Climate Action Ambassadors will be mentored one-on-one by professionals in the various areas for action in a way that will contribute to their personal leadership growth, increase their networks, provide insights in how to apply skills in their careers and homes, and enable them to make important contributions towards a Sustainable and Resilient St James Town Community.
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Want to make a real impact on climate change in your community.
- Want to learn and grow your climate action & leadership skills.
- Are excited about engaging other like-minded people and are committed to leading a team to take-action in St James Town.
- Are dedicated and dependable with availability to actively participate in training sessions.
- Have technical and/or other transferable skills that you wish to apply to developing and mobilizing solutions in St James Town.
- Age 19 & Up. No upper age limit. Applications are encouraged from community leaders and residents.
- Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+, Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, and Women will be given priority.
- The training will also be of interest for those who live in or have a commitment to St James Town, Toronto.
- You want to build skills and become a leader.
- Have access to Tablet, Laptop or Desktop computer with stable high speed internet (Support for borrowing electronic devices may be available, as best possible)
Participants can expect Three 4-hour bi-weekly sessions (excluding a 30 – 60 min. break) over the course of five weeks – plus homework. Dates for training are June 8, June 22, and July 6.
Mentoring, one-on-one, will be scheduled following the sessions, according to the interests of participants and availability of mentors. Training will be done virtually.
Apply by June 4th, 2021 – 12:00PM (noon)
If you are interested in applying to the Community Climate Ambassador Training Program, please complete our online application form by Friday, June 4th, 2021 – 12:00 PM (noon).
For more information:
- Email: Communications@rethinksustainability.ca
- Call/Text: 647-988-3244